best food, best restaurant, best souvlaki, blue myth restaurant, eat in mykonos, food, greece, greece travel, greek food, greek islands, jackie o, jackie O pool, lia beach, liasti, liasti restaurant, little venice, mykonos, mykonos restaurants, mykonos tips, pasta fresca barkia, peppers souvlaki, petinos hotel, petinos restaurant, remezzo restaurant, traditional food, traditional greek, travel tips, travel to mykonos, trip, trip to mykonos, vacation, vacay, where to eat
If you’ve decided to go to Mykonos, then you’ve already Googled around for places to eat, party and beach, and by luck (hopefully) you got here! But you must have read other things about this incredibly multi-tasking island and you’d know by now that it’s the most fun island in Greece! Moreover, the food is so diverse, but anyway delicious!
Depending what you’d like to do on the daytime, you have many choices in finding great places around the island. On the streets of Chora, the labyrinth town, you have a restaurant or tavern every 5 meters. Cheap, stylish, expensive, fast, cozy, sweet, luxurious or bodega, there is a place for every taste. But if you only have a few days to explore the town, you’ll want to know where to and where to not eat in Mykonos. I’ll only name our favourites, the places I still dream about day and night when I think of food and atmosphere and I’ll also tell you what makes them special.
For a romantic and elegant escape:
Remezzo Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
It-place for eating & enjoying delicious cocktails while the elegant atmosphere and fine views are all around the place. As much as I enjoyed our time there, I couldn’t take any pictures of the place due to the strong wind that evening. But just google Remezzo Mykonos, and you’ll find lots of amazing pictures on their site.
For a delicious Italian treat:
Pasta Fresca Barkia
Pasta Fresca is one of those places you wish to discover when in Italy, deep hidden around the streets of Rome. Definitely the best Italian experience in Mykonos, the food is absolutely delicious, the gnocchi, the homemade pasta, the pizza, the wine, and the atmosphere, are things that make me nostalgic and to almost fly to Mykonos right now and eat their delicious gnocchi!
- All their food and winelist
- Fresh homemade pasta – available for buying too
- The setting – they have 2 levels, terrace and a lovely spot at the windows upstairs
For the traditional Greek food, show, dances & zorba:
Blue Myth Restaurant (Petinos Hotel)
The closest to the greek experience we got while in Mykonos, it was here. This place is located in the Platys Gialos area of Mykonos and is facing the beautiful beach and boats that are stationing in the area.
- You’ll get a nice traditional greek dance show, with a wine glass over the head, plates and all that fuzz;
- The place has some nice views if you’re sitting on the terrace and not INSIDE, where is also little bit too warm in July month, but if you want to see the dances, aim for the inside.
- They are mentioned by everyone in Mykonos for the REAL traditional Greek food. I, personally, loved it!
- It’s owned by a warm Greek family, which you might even get to know 🙂
For the famous Souvlaki:
Located just across the street of Pasta Fresca Barkia in the middle of Chora town, the little restaurant is almost like a fast food experience, except it’s not one. Chora is full of souvlaki places, but we personally enjoyed this one most.
For a day at the beach combined with fun, cocktails and awesome food:
Jackie O Pool
This place is definitely exclusive! Jackie O is a pool, bar and restaurant in the Super Paradise Bay. Near the beautifully designed location, they have a beach place as well. Though I didn’t really enjoy passing the beach, because I must admit, I don’t like seeing naked people, the pool is fantastic for a full day of sun tanning, cocktails and lunch. The restaurant is fabulous, and even if you don’t want to sit at the sun, you should pass by for an eat.
- The food in the restaurant is exquisite! Amazing appetisers!
- The Pool and The Restaurant are facing fabulous views over the sea, the pictures below will speak for themselves…
- In the day time is quiet, but you can hear really good lounge music in the background. The volume grows during the daytime, evoking your party mood step by step.
- The pool features a small stage where they have drag shows in the afternoons, followed by people dancing and partying until the sunset.
- The music! Oh, I used my Shazam app every 5 minutes 🙂
For the quiet seekers and the wild dreamers:
Liasti in Lia Beach
This is the quietest spot on the island. Lia Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Mykonos, with crystal clear water, soft sand and incredible views. Liasti, the only restaurant I’ve seen there, became our favourite one on the island, after tasting the delicious mouthwatering dishes. Plus, the atmosphere was very relaxed, exactly what we needed at that point in our vacation. We were surprised to find this place, as it’s the last point on the map in Mykonos, therefore I advised you here to rent a car and go find your favourite spot.
Let me tell you about Liasti:
- They have a garden behind the restaurant where they grow their own vegetables
- Their food is fresh and generously tasty
- It’s calm and quiet, letting you breath in the sound of the waves
- It’s untouched, but classy
- It’s my favourite restaurant in Mykonos!
- And still, I didn’t get any pictures, since all my devices were dead
Of course, these spots are only a few from many, many, many choices you have in Mykonos. This island is a food and party paradise, therefore is no need to take an all inclusive or half board hotel. Just go out of your hotel and you’ll find something amazing to eat everywhere.
Don’t forget to have an eat in Little Venice while watching the amazing Mykonos sunset. You’ll love it!
P.S. Another favourite spot to eat, beach and party on the daytime is Nammos Beach – their restaurant is so much fun and the food is amazing: they serve incredibly delicious and fresh seafood and fish. Go for the beach day, make sure you book a table for the lunch time and after you ate, prepare to see beautiful and stylish people dancing on the tables. Sounds fun? More in the next article about Where to Party in Mykonos.
Ask me anything in the comments below 🙂 And please, share this article with your friends. #SharingIsCaring